As part of its Oyster Fest 2012, Fish City Grill is hosting the third annual oyster eating contest benefiting the March of Dimes. But you don’t have to compete to enjoy the festivities. All oyster lovers are invited to Fish City Grill on April 29th for a free event featuring live music, beer, crawfish and lots of oysters. Attendees can snack on featured oysters including:
- Oysters Newberg – Gulf Coast oysters with crimini mushrooms and sherry garlic cream sauce topped with parmesan and green onions.
- Baked Oyster Rockefeller – Gulf Coast oysters topped with spinach, smoked bacon, Pernod and parmesan
- Black and Blue Oysters – Gulf Coast oysters blackened and lightly fried, tossed in a spicy blue cheese sauce and topped with creamy bleu cheese crumbles
- Fried Louisiana Oyster Po’ Boy – Lightly fried oysters with Creole mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, pickles and shoe-string fries
- Daily selection of East Coast oysters on ice
- Chargrilled oysters – Served with lemon pepper, Louisiana-style or Chipotle
Ambitious attendees are encouraged to compete in teams of four for a chance to win fun prizes – including a three-day, two-night trip to New Orleans – and serious bragging rights. To compete, simply visit your local Fish City Grill and ask for a registration form. All applications must be received before happy hour begins on Friday, April 27th.
Fish City Grill is a neighborhood joint serving fresh and healthy seafood in a comfortable setting. We’re connected to and involved in our communities and have donated over $300,000 to local charitable organizations. Fish City Grill believes that a true neighborhood restaurant belongs to the people. That’s why Fish City Grill’s commitment to the customer experience is evident across the board, from our friendly, open design and personal service to our fierce dedication to quality seafood and libations. Our chef-driven menu and blackboard specials enhance the dining experience by offering regional favorites as well as up-to-date, seasonal dishes. Fish City Grill has several locations throughout Texas and has expanded into Arkansas, Florida and Oklahoma. In an effort to tread lightly on the world, Fish City Grill is committed to fisheries and vendors that are environmentally conscious and fish legally from sustainable waters.